Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm not crazy!

OK, so I've been thinking about blogging for a while. You know, being a web 2.0 fan, you should eat your own dogfood and all. So, thanks to some friendly goading from the speakers today at DevLearn, I finally decided to just jump in and start. That should round out my web 2.0 work as I've adopted just about everything else already!

I've been at the DevLearn 2008 conference (day 1 today) and finally found people that believe, like me, that the current corporate learning and development environment is truely dysfunctional and I wasn't just imagining things. What a relief! I'm really not crazy - well, at least not about that.

However, it does look like things are really as hard as I had imagined they would be about getting learning groups and the corporations (or any groups, really) they reside in to take the leap and really embrace informal learning, web 2.0 or pretty much anything outside of the current SOPs.

I'm hoping that the types of people that I've seen and met here at DevLearn 2008 can help make that culture shift happen. At least I know I'm not alone now!

No comments: